Sunday, January 27, 2008

#84 Find a Good Realtor

Why it's on the list?

Well, my wife and I are planning on buying our first home this year. As we're novices in this area we'd like someone who will guide us through the process and help us accomplish this huge goal.

The Process

Honestly, I might have wimped out on this one. Rather than doing the research myself, this past Friday I simply asked a friend of ours who had purchased a house in the area. Our friend highly recommended her realtor, so I thought what the hell. I visited the realtor's website and filled out a request for information form. Within 20 minutes, the Realtor had called me back and was very friendly and helpful. She answered all my questions and promised to have the first set of houses to review to me by the end of Monday. I'm anxiously awaiting the results and based on the results so far I feel confident in scratching off this item on my list. I think we've found a good one!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Now is a GREAT time to find a house. So you guys will be in Knoxville that long/like Knoxville that much?

(I do not recommend selling a house right now. I can tell you all about that!)

dtjunkie said...

Actually we're headed back to the Dayton area for good this summer. And yes, I'm really looking forward to the buyer's market out there :)