Sunday, January 6, 2008

#18 Buy a Sweetass Suit

Why is it on the list?

I've needed a suit for quite some time. For the last... oh 6 or 7 years all I've had were two blazers (a black one and a navy blue one). While those were fine back in the day at this point in my life I was ready for something a little more stylin.

The Process!

I headed to the Men's Wearhouse (which I always want to spell as Warehouse... Wearhouse... so clever of them) with my wife because my fashion sense sucks. However I did have the vague notion that I would like a black suit because I have a lot of shirts and ties that would go nicely with black. I also wanted something with pinstripes.

The guy at the Men's Wearhouse was named Winston (I immediately suggested that as a good boy's name, but the wife said, "We're not naming any child of ours after cigarettes") and he was very helpful in picking out several suits for me to try on. After trying on a bunch I found out the one I liked best was gonna be around $300, which was alright, but the alterations needed to make it a good fit were gonna be another $50 or $60 bucks.

So ... I ended up going with a brown suit with some blue pinstripes that I walked out with for $300 after alterations. I know... that sounds like a weird combination. But it looks pretty damn sweet and it also matches a lot more stuff than I expected.

2 down! And.... I've uploaded a pic (with a windsor knot of course... though I did tie it a little long) at My Space.

No comments: