Thursday, February 7, 2008

Progress Update for #76!

Whenever I'm cruising up or down I-75 I always see signs for stuff. Boone Tavern. Acres of Land Winery. The Kentucky Fried Chicken Museum. So I decided that I should stop and check out some of these interesting sounding places.

On my latest trip, I decided that it would be a perfect time to stop at Cumberland Falls. In the middle of a weekday in the winter with rain coming down I figured I'd have the falls all to myself. And it really looked that way as I pulled off the Interstate near Corbin and took the long windy deserted road back to the Falls.

There were a few cars in the parking lot and even fewer out checking at the falls (2 couples). It was beautiful despite the rain and you can check out the pics at My Space. After I checked out the Falls I had a lovely conversation with Verna, an employee at the Gift Shop. She was very knowledgeable about the Falls and told me about the Moonbow.

A Moonbow is a rainbow produced by the moon and Cumberland Falls is one of the only places in the world where it happens on a consistent basis. The Moonbow appears when the moon is full and the skies are clear. I hope to return at some point to check out a Moonbow! Thanks Verna!

No comments: