Sunday, February 17, 2008

Progress Update: Adding tricks to the rotation

Well, after I made Chicken and Corn Chowder a few weeks back (and again this weekend) I was sitting there with half a rotisserie chicken left in the fridge. Well, I once again turned to the Common Culinarian for some ideas. Chicken salad sounded excellent.

This was a very straight forward easy to bust out recipe. Cut up stuff, throw it in a bowl, and mix:



Then spread it on a store bought baguette and enjoy!



The pictures I took don't do it justice. It was delicious! And even though it's more of a lunch item... I'm calling it another trick learned!

If only my next cooking adventure had been as successful. I was attempting to make Linguine with Navy Beans, Tomatoes, and Basil. Well, as you can see, I failed to rinse my navy beans off as well as I should have.



So obviously the beans overpowered every bite, which is a shame because you could definitely taste the potential of a great dish buried underneath all that bean sauce. So I'm gonna give it another shot, and this time I'm gonna rinse those damn beans until I can pour water on em and the water stays clear. And I'm gonna measure out the linguine a little bit better.

No comments: