Monday, February 11, 2008

23. Watch Goonies

Why is it on the list?

Based on the facial expressions of folks when I tell them, not having seen the movie Goonies is somewhere below Public Nudity on the Social Acceptance list. How I escaped childhood without seeing what everyone I know refers to as a "classic" I'll never know. Perhaps I was too busy playing outside while the rest of you lard asses where hunkered down in front of the TV living vicariously through Chunk as he pounded another spoonful of ice cream. Suffice to say, I had not only never seen Goonies, but also I had no idea what the movie was about. I had a vague notion it involved baseball, but other than that the word "Goonies" drew a blank in my mind every time I heard it. No more.

The Process

Now, this is what will be etched into my mind for months if not years:



Oh my God. I see what you all were talking about. I'm sorry I called you lard asses. While I was out whacking weeds with tobacco sticks you guys were enjoying comedy gold! Chunk may be the funniest kid I've ever seen. I'm still laughing at this scene:



And yea there was some sort of plot about a hidden pirate ship and evil golf club developers trying to take over the Goonie family homes, but honesty... this movie is all about the Chunk!

3 comments:

Stacie said...

I've never seen it, either. I may have seen 5 minutes here and there, but not the whole thing. I suck.

Stacie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacie said...

(And I deleted my comment b/c I accidentally posted the first one twice!)