Friday, February 1, 2008

#12. Learn to fold clothes properly

Why's it on the list?

Well, it's pretty sad that I didn't know how to fold clothes. Specifically, I had no idea how to fold a t-shirt properly. Pants were easy and I could just hang up dress shirts, but I had absolutely no clue how to fold a t-shirt.

The Process

My old method of folding t-shirts is depicted below. First I'd fold the shirt in half. Then I'd fold it in half again.




And that was that. I'd toss it in the drawer.

Thankfully, a few days back my lovely wife taught me the following 3 step method:





Wow. Doesn't that look so much nicer? Now I can fit 3 stacks of t-shirts in one drawer instead of 2. And it took all of 5 minutes to learn. Why oh why didn't I learn to do this sooner? The method also works nicely on long sleeve shirts and sweatshirts!

1 comment:

Vorak said...

I used to do the same thing you did until I got a job in the Camping/Clothing/Footwear department at Gander Mountain. I was forced to learn how to fold shirts and pants properly and it didn't take long before I was doing it with my own cloths.

Nice rG shirt by the way.