Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday Foursome

For no real reason, here's four tunes I love that you might not have heard.

First up is The 1234 by The Start. I saw the Start open up for The Offspring a few years back and I immediately loved this song. Aimee Echo is a one helluva vocalist.



Next is Let Sleeping Dogs Lie by Pop Shuvit, a Malaysian band. I found this song when trying to research the origin of the phrase "let sleeping dogs lie" of all things. I never figured it out, but I did find a cool song.



Third we have Metal by Numbers by Brian Posehn. Posehn's a comedian and this song about bad metal is hilarious. Cookie Monster vocals and yell like a Wookie, Metal by Numbers Cookie Cookie Cookie. And yes Scott Ian is everywhere.



Finally after the ballads but before Gilmore Girls, Supergroup, and Celebrity Fit Club Sebastian Bach and Skid Row was kicking ass with Slave to the Grind.

No comments: