Sunday, October 26, 2008

#85. Buy a House

Well, this past Monday my wife and I closed on our first home. The house is an old farmhouse (built in 1890) that was extensively remodeled in 1993 (new wiring, plumbing, walls, additions, etc.). Along with the house comes a 1800 sq ft Pole Barn and 4.165 acres.

When our realtor first showed us this house I knew the minute I sat down on the beautiful wrap around porch that I wanted it. I felt like I could sit on that porch for the rest of my life.

I'm still amazed at how fast this process went, and I'm a bit terrified about the mortgage, but this past week has been fun.... despite being filled with hours of wallpaper stripping.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! I so miss my house. :)

Vorak said...

Sweet dude! You better post some pictures asap.