Sunday, May 4, 2008

#40. Run a Half Marathon

Why is it on the list?

Well, if I want to do an Ironman, I needed to start somewhere. The challenge for endurance races for me is much more mental than it is physical. I have a tendency to give up if I think I won't meet my goals. I decided I needed to change that and I thought that if I could do a Half Marathon, then maybe I could do a Full Marathon, and if I could do a Marathon then maybe.... just maybe... I could start thinking about an Ironman.

The Process

Well, today the wife and I and some friends completed the Flying Pig Half Marathon. An in-depth race report can be found from my MySpace Page. However, I did accomplish my goals of 1.)Finishing in under 2 hours 2.)Finishing without needing to walk and 3.)Finishing before any marathoners finished. Today was the longest I've ever ran both in terms of time and distance.

Now I just need to get my nerve up to sign up for the Air Force Marathon in September...

No comments: