Monday, April 14, 2008

The Physical Activities Update!

Looking at my list I feel like I have a lot of irons in the fire but I just can't scratch anything off yet. But trust me, I'm working hard! On the physical activities side of things, I have a full schedule this year, with races scheduled for March, April, May, June, July, August, October, and November. In March I did a 10 Mile Run, which was great preparation for the Half Marathon in May. I'm also already registered for a Muddy Buddy (in August) and will be registering for an Oly Tri soon (in July).

You'll also notice I don't have a race scheduled yet for September. If all goes according to plan at the Half Marathon, I'll probably accelerate my plans and try and do the Air Force Marathon in Dayton that month! And if I can get that under my belt, then all of a sudden a HIM in early 09 and an IM in late 09 don't look as far fetched. I still have a loooooong way to go, but I feel very much encouraged by my performance in the 10 Miler (see My Space for a link to the race report) and if the Half Marathon goes just as well....

I'm also reconsidering Heart Rate training. I know it's "good" but I've run a few times recently w/o my stopwatch and I actually enjoyed myself. I don't know if I really want to add another gadget.

No comments: